About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Paths We Choose To Take

“All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there.”


What a great quote...only wish I knew who said it. 

I am asked all the time how I keep such a positive attitude with all that I have been through during the past several years.  My reply, "I can curl up in the fetal position and cry or I can take what I've learned and use it to make my life, and all the lives I touch, better".  Given the choice I'll choose the later.
 
Don't get me wrong, occasionally a pity party is in order and can be quite therapeutic, but in the long run laughter and selective memory make for a much happier existence.  When I do find myself starting to host another pity party I just think of Snow Angels 7 final words to me (though not all together)..."Mom, get over yourself" and "I love you".  PARTY CRASHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment