About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Be Who You Are

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ----- Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss, what a genius! Children may love his books but, I'm convinced that, if more adults read them it would be a much better world. 

Be who you are! 

Last weekend I had something very unexpected happen, not just once, but a couple of times.  My first instinct was to wonder "what did I do" .  Later, when reflecting back, I discovered it wasn't what I did, it was what I didn't do!  Be myself. 

I have so many parts of who I am that I'm very proud of.  I also have a few others that I'd just as soon forget.  All together it makes me...well...me.  The problem ocurred because I took one of my parts and magnified it until it seemed there was nothing else to me.  Why did I do it?  I thought that's what the other person wanted.  If they're happy, I'm happy...right? 

Right...for a little while.

It's extremely hard to be who you're not.  It is possible to fake it for a while but, ultimately, who you are is going to come out and someone's likely to get hurt.  In this case, that someone was me.  If only I would have found that quote sooner.  Dr. Suess, where were you when I needed you? 

Be who you are...what a genius!

1 comment: