About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, July 11, 2011

What Lies Ahead

"Each man has his own vocation; his talent is his call. There is one direction in which all space is open to him" --- Ralph Waldo Emerson

What is my vocation, my talent, my call?  It's hard to say. It's changed so many times...and every time I think I have it all figured out something unexpected happens and I'm back at square one.  Today is Monday, July 11th, AKA (Also Know As) the cusp of a new square one.

When I moved to Colorado last December I had a plan.  I had the next two years all laid out...job, apartment, plans for the ranch, and an estimated completion date.  Now, nearly 8 months later, I'm getting ready to reevaluate the whole strategy.  As Emerson said,  "Each man has his own vocation; his talent is his call....".  Well, this woman, feels like she has been ignoring her calling simply because it wasn't in the plan.  That's about to change.  "There is one direction in which all space is open to him" and in my case, that direction is North, to Wyoming

The plan this time is not so hard and fast.  I've decided that things don't usually work out that way and it's better to just have a rough draft (from the heart) instead of a formal plan (from the head).  It will require some sacrifice but I've discovered, when it's something you really want, the sacrifice is nothing compared to reward that lies ahead. 

What lies ahead for me?  I'm not exactly sure right now.  I am sure, however, that I'm headed in the right direction. 



No comments:

Post a Comment