About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Gotta Get Mooooovin'

"When you face your fear, most of the time you will discover that it was not really such a big threat after all. We all need some form of deeply rooted, powerful motivation / it empowers us to overcome obstacles so we can live our dreams." -- Les Brown

See the look on that cows face lying in the water?  That look, sums up how I feel right now.  She/he (can't tell...private parts are underwater) looks a little overwhelmed!  I've been very busy the past few weeks, things seem to be happening so fast, and I'm beginning to feel that way too. 

It always seems to be that way for me.  I'm either bored because I have nothing to do OR I have so much to do that I freak out a little bit.  Freaking out a little bit right now...

I really think I need that though.  Fear and panic are great motivators.  I find myself almost creating situations to keep myself motivated and moving.  For example, I told my apartment complex that I would be out by the end of October.  My lease isn't up until the end of November but, I know, I do not want to commute 62 miles to work, in the snow, and on a road that frequently closes.  So, to make sure I don't procrastinate, I tell them that I'll be out by the end of October and if they find a new tenant (and will let me out of paying November rent) it's all theirs!   

Another huge motivator for me is recognition.  I will work myself to death, never asking for help, panicking the whole time, and near the point of tears just to hear the words "I don't know how you do it...you're amazing" and to which I reply "Oh, it was nothing".  Is that sick or what???????

Today is Saturday October 1st.  I have exactly 7 (weekend) days off to complete the following...figure out where I'm going to be living, pack up all my "worldly possessions" and begin moving them into storage, clean the entire apartment in hopes of getting my deposit back, turn a 24 lb. block of glycerin into decorative goats milk soap, make several dozen fragrant bath fizzies, and spend quality time with my two canine children.  "I'll do it too" because "I'm motivated, I am amazing, it was nothing, and yes...I am sick!!!!!"



2 comments:

  1. Oh, and add that to my list of things to do...keep up with WyoCowgirl posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt you will "getter done". And yes you are sick!

    ReplyDelete