About Me

My photo
Denver, Colorado, United States

Friday, October 26, 2012

Three Wishes

"What makes the difference between wishing and realizing our wishes?  Lots of things, and it may take months or years for a wish to come true, but it's far more likely to happen when you care so much about a wish that you'll do all it takes to make it happen."---Fred Rogers

I have a few other blogs I follow and today I saw one titled "Three Wishes".  The title alone got me thinking.  If I had three wishes...what would they be?  Hadn't thought about that for years.  You always think about that as a child and the first wish was always for more wishes.  As an adult you're much more realistic.  You can't have eveything you want and it might be kind of boring if you could.  So I started to think...as an adult and being realistic, having only three wishes, what would they be?


My first two wishes came to me pretty quick.  They are two things I think about every day.  The third, however, took a little more thought.  I have a general idea of what I want for number three but it isn't etched in stone.  Actually, even number one and two are getting less specific with the passing years.  I've found that being too narrow minded in your focus can sometimes cause you to overlook some pretty special things that are right in front of you. 

So, here it goes. 

My Three Wishes for October 25, 2012.


Number 1:  To live in the country.
 
I have the ranch and my dream to build, to have horses, dogs, and lots of farm animals.  To grow a garden, milk my own cows, collect fresh eggs, make homemade cheese, and soap.  I want to learn to can my own fruits and vegetables so dreaded trips to the grocery store are few and far between.  I want to watch the sunrise each morning and sunset each night.  I want to be surrounded by these things I love and to fall asleep each night with a smile on my face :)


Number 2:  To have someone who wants to share Number 1 with me.

As much as I love everything in Number 1, it would all be less meaningful if done alone.  I never realized how important it was to have someone you love around until I lost Sara.  The last six years has been all about me.  Which is nice sometimes, but mostly, it's very lonely.  I miss coming home and having someone there to talk to.  I miss getting a hug when I've had a bad day or having someone to celebrate the good things with.  I want to wake up each morning with a smile on my face ;)


Number 3:  Make a living doing what I love.

This one is the most flexible.  I love a lot of things.  Especially if it doesn't involve getting dressed up each day and following rules.  I want to be my own boss, dress comfortably, take my dogs to work with me and the only rule would be..."be nice to people".  I don't care about being rich, having a fancy car or the biggest house I just want to leave work each day with a smile on my face :)


These are my "Three Wishes" and I would love to have them all come true but I'm an adult...and realistic.  I may have to compromise on the details and I'm willing to do that.  The ultimate goal is to leave this world happy, loved, and with a HUGE smile on my face :D


No comments:

Post a Comment